• Have a minimum 5 years experience involving Capital Investment projects
• Have a minimum 5 years experience with Strategic Purchasing
• Have a minimum 5 years of Purchasing Equipment/Automation experience is highly desired
• Experience with logistics equipment, especially with integrated solutions in a warehouse environment and packaging materials is strongly preferred
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or equivalent knowledge
• Have project management and problem-solving skills as demonstrated by experience and tangible accomplishments
• Knowledgeable in contract management
What you'll be doing day to day
S A Purchaser you have primarily the responsibility for the business within US and Canada for a select number of product areas and suppliers, with the possibility to scale up solutions created by the supplier base you manage to become global. In this position you have the opportunity to influence and make a difference for an important part of IKEA, as we are designing the fulfillment units of tomorrow. You will be responsible for developing the business, taking away cost from the value chain, whilst securing products and services with high quality, sustainability and compliance standards.
Your competence and experience come from the logistics industry - industry knowledge on different types of handling material, automated equipment, as well as knowledge of packaging material and equipment. You are hungry for business development and have a proven track record in creating and materializing business opportunities. You understand the logistics and feel comfortable with contract management.
You have the ability to work with innovation considering that the world of automation in logistics equipment is and will be in constant change and we need to bring in innovation from the industry.
Together as a team
We don’t want to brag, but in our team we’re born negotiators. Together we source the world for suppliers for everything from raw materials for products to ink for the printer. Our mission is to maximize what suppliers can provide at the lowest possible prices while assuring safe and sustainable sourcing at all times. Most importantly: we build mutually beneficial partnerships for the long term. There’s nothing better than a great deal where everyone wins!
Job Type-Permanent, Salaried Benefits Eligible- yes We offer competitive benefits and perks, such as medical and Rx*, dental, vision, 401k, meal deal, store discount, autism coverage, parental leave, pet insurance, education assistance and more.”