We are looking for a senior level employment attorney to join our expanding in-house legal team. This role will report to the General Counsel and will work collaboratively with and support business units, retail stores, and distribution warehouses.
· Cooperate with, integrate in the business, and build good relations with, stakeholders to secure mutually sustainable solutions, including our People & Culture (HR) function.
· Review, draft and negotiate employment-related documents, including compensation agreements, settlement agreements, non-disclosure agreements, job offers, employment agreements, severance agreements, and other legal documents.
· Provide practical legal advice on a large span of employment challenges, including recruiting, compensation, performance management, separations, internal investigations, leaves of absence, discrimination, harassment, diversity and inclusion, wage and hour compliance, EEO compliance, reasonable accommodations, employee relations, employee benefits, employee classification, and other employment related topics.
• Pro-actively support management and other stakeholders to run the IKEA business and to secure the rights and assess the obligations in order to reduce exposure to legal risks and to optimize business opportunities.
• Active cooperation with our global Legal & Governance team to secure alignment of country agenda.
• Contribute to, and support the implementation of the Business Plan, development projects, corresponding roadmap.
• Develop and implement standard processes, policies, trainings, and ways of working for employment-related matters.
• Develop competence and provide education to relevant stakeholders in laws and regulations.
• Keep updated in relevant employment-related legal and governance developments, including changes in federal and state laws and regulations.
· Defend, supervise, and manage employment-related claims and litigation, including managing outside counsel and responding to administrative charges, complaints, attorney letters, settlement demands and other claims.
When the world is changing we’re the ones who make sure that we are up to date and that local and international laws are harmonised with the best interest of IKEA and our customers. We’re diligent and work together to make sure our business is on top of the legalities and guidelines governance requires. If people were to describe our team they would probably say that we have a lot of integrity, vast capacity and great dedication to detail. Oh, and that we have a lot of fun together.
"The salary pay range for this role is $134,465 - $195,512
Whether you're part time or full time, we offer competitive benefits and perks, such as medical and Rx*, dental, vison, 401k, meal deal, store discount, autism coverage, parental leave, pet insurance, education assistance and more.
Qualifications – bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. based law school
Admission to the Bar (Pennsylvania preferred but not required)
Minimum 10 years’ experience practicing U.S. employment law at a law firm and/or in house specifically in employment law