IKEA Purchasing and Logistics is the organization that forms a link between the factory floor and the products on IKEA store shelves. We work with 1600 Suppliers all over the world for home furnishing, transport, logistics and distribution services, components and food.
At IKEA Purchasing and Logistics, we want to make the most of our competitive advantage of economies of scale. Our large-volume approach enables us to invest in efficient industrial production set-ups and focus on affordability, accessibility, sustainability and quality. In Purchasing and Logistics Area North East Europe we have suppliers in Russia and Kazakhstan. Our office is located in Moscow with a 150 employees.
Wood Supply & Forestry Specialist,Wood Supply and Forestry
Purchasing & Logistics Area North East Europe
Wood Supply & Forestry Specialist assignment is to support and secure the purchasing teams to have relevant knowledge to drive forestry and wood supply agenda, supporting suppliers to improve the forestry and wood supply performance, develop & manage projects.
The role requires deep knowledge of forest management, timber trade, wood processing and practical applications of voluntary forest certification systems. The Wood Supply & Forestry Specialist is accountable for conducting verification of suppliers’ wood procurement practices against IKEA Forestry Standard requirements, developing projects up on requests from business teams and categories. The work requires travel mobility combined with analytical work in the office.
Your task will include:
· Conduct regular Forestry and wood supply chain audits
· Conduct risk assessment and wood origin verification
· Provide trainings to business teams and suppliers
· Collect and process information on forest resources, wood trade, prices, policy etc
· Evaluate forest resources and business potentials at new suppliers
· Participate and lead forestry and wood supply projects
· Build partnership and participate in projects with external partners
Is this the right challenge for you?
· Ability to organize and work independent;
· Good communicator, both verbal and written English, assertive;
· Capability to build trust and relationships, in order to build long-term partnership
· Honest with high integrity;
· Analytical, methodical, well structured;
· Ability to make, present and argue judgements;
· Ability to coach/hold trainings;
· Good time management, respect deadlines;
· Travel ability
· Ability to speak Russian
The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application as soon as possible.