A Smile, Common Sense, Passion for home furnishing, and Leadership; that's what we need in IKEA Al-Homaizi Kuwait - a company that believes in developing business through our Co-Workers.
Our energy comes from creating a better everyday life for the many people.
We simply recruit based on Values, Competence, Potential for growth, and Diversity.Job description
You will work together with IKEA Food management team and lead and manage the kitchen production team to fulfil the purpose of food function by building business and people together. You will strive to make people smile while providing irresistible food offers in a welcoming atmosphere that gives our guests a good reason to return again and again. You will take ownership for ensuring food safety in all parts of the store and train others as appropriate. You will lead and manage co-workers to provide irresistible food offers of good taste and quality served in a safe and efficient way.
Key Specific Accountabilities
· Ensure our guests are always in focus and strive to make them smile. Meet and serve our guests showing empathy and care. Willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
· Always look at our store through the eyes of our customers. Have a daily dialogue with our guests to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants, then take action based on their input.
· Actively implement the range matrix (global and national) by securing quality and availability.
· Serve high-volume dishes that suit the taste of the many people on the local market.
· Secure that we prepare all food in line with the product sheet and secure the quality and appealing presentation served at all times.
· Utilise everyday commercial opportunities to grow sales and profitability according to the goals in his area. Work with the Functional Commercial Review and other appropriate tools to do so.
· Co-operate with the Commercial Restaurant Manager to enhance Swedishness and the link between the IKEA Restaurant & Café and the Swedish Food Market when appropriate.
· Passionate leader who can bring business and people together, inspired by the IKEA core leadership capabilities and strive to continuously develop as a leader.
· Committed to the development of his team and secure their training to ensure all co-workers understand the IKEA Concept and other key guidelines, and how they have an impact on their specific roles.
· Ensure that the operations of all IKEA Food areas in the IKEA Store operate in accordance with IKEA Quality and Food Safety requirements
· Strive towards accurate sales forecasts for his area to enable proper supply planning, ordering, efficient goods handling and stock control.
· Secure optimal productivity by ensuring a staff planning process aiming for the right number of competent co-workers, at the right times, in the right places to meet guests’ needs.
· Ensure that all food incidents, or potential incidents, are reported through CASYI act in accordance with the IKEA Sustainability Direction and work with his team to take actions that contribute to sustainability, such as waste management.
· Use the full potential of the IKEA Concept, tools, manuals, guidelines and other best practices.
· Utilise relevant reporting tools, such as profit and loss, NAVISION, the Functional Commercial Review, IKEA Customer Satisfaction Survey and Growing Together, to develop the IKEA business, himself and his team.Qualification
· Diploma in Culinary or equivalent.
· 5 - 7 years’ experience of working in vibrant and high volume retail environment of food service business.
· Excellent knowledge in food recipes, kitchen production and food safety.
· Sales-driven and passionate about food and people.
· Experience of managing/leading and developing a team.
· Understand KPIs and how to affect their results through departmental actions.More Information
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait. Some travel may be required. Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.