Työpaikat > Business Development Manager for Category Plastic Products
At IKEA, we do things a little different. We think, differently. Act, differently. And work differently as well. We like to break things. Like rules. And then make things. Like music-playing lamps. And beds disguised as sofas. Even plant balls that help us look after our planet. It’s all part of our vision - to create a better everyday life for the many. By 2030, we hope to help millions more look forward to going home.
Want to help make this happen? Join our global Purchasing Development business! It is filled withcurious and passionate people, that get energy from influencing, interacting, and working together to deliver great business results. Does it sound like your kind of people?
If so, come and develop the IKEA business together with us! We are now looking for a new Business Development Manager for Category Plastic Products.
At IKEA, we see things a little differently. We onboard our suppliers as partners with whom we create long-term relationships. We want them to grow with us, become more efficient and achieve affordable sustainability.
A few perks of being one of us:
- We believe in you! You get the privilege and the responsibility to lead a diverse team and world-class suppliers, while finding innovative ways to drive the business for IKEA.
- We trust you! You have the confidence and freedom to lead your team and organize your time. Your well-being is our priority. A variety of rewarding work awaits you, which you will be able to combine alongside your hobbies or family.
- We grow with you! In regular informal talks with your manager, you can explore your development and carrier opportunities, and we will support you on the way. We embrace making mistakes and learning from them. For us, at IKEA, that is the best way forward.
As a Business Development Manager you get to work with both - business and people. And what better way? Business is done through people!
You will actively contribute to the development of long-term Category Business Plans. The objective is to deliver excellent results in purchasing by team-leading and establishing long-term business development relations with suppliers. Additionally, a significant part of your assignment is to inspire and empower your co-workers. In more detail the assignment consists of:
- The art of dealing with people - empathy and good communication skills, when dealing with stakeholders as well as leading business through your team.
- Lead the competence agenda, including recruitment, development, performance management, retention and succession plans for co-workers in your team.
- Motivate, inspire, mentor and coach your team.
- Securing the preconditions for your team to succeed in the business environment.
- Set the business direction with clear Action Plan(s) to improve and develop business and supplier performance and deliver to the Category Business Plan.
- Identify and start-up new suppliers according to business needs through the business development team.
- Establish and manage cost budget for the team, optimally utilising resources to secure business goals and ensure organisational efficiency.
Serena, a Business Development Manager in IKEA, says:
I act as an ambassador of IKEA values, constantly on the look-out to improve ways of working through tools and people. I focus on people development and strong business development. I enjoy a space for all coworkers by respecting everyone’s knowledge and experience. As a leader in IKEA, I embrace our differences, leading with an open and trustful relationship. The mission as Business Development Manager, is to learn, share and inspire.
How are you and what experience you have?
- You have the capability to lead, develop and inspire people - act as coach and mentor
- You desire to find new business opportunities and make it happen through engaging and motivating people in a large organization
- You want to build trust and relationships, in order to build long-term business partnership
- You are capable to perform business analysis, risk assessment, scenario planning and draw conclusions to support the right business decisions and implementations
- You have good understanding of how your everyday work adds customer value
- You have deep knowledge of industry and market specific conditions and macroeconomics trends
- You have deep knowledge of supplier capabilities and material, service and production
- You have deep knowledge of Supplier Development Process and Purchase Development Process
- You have very good finance knowledge
- You are strong in negotiation
Does this sound like you? Why not Apply?
Please send us your application in English – CV and letter of motivation. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Katarzyna Kowalczyk-Krosnowska, People & Culture Leader, at email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Anish Pande, Deputy Category Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.