Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.Job description
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To ensure our check-out service is fast and efficient for our customers’ and cost-effective for the IKEA store.
- My priority is to give our customers a positive payment experience by ensuring:
the check-out area is in shape as new,
- My check-out is efficiently equipped at all times throughout the day,
- I'm ready and available to help customers.
- I show the knowledge, confidence, responsibility, authority and desire
to support customer payment and i achieve this in an efficient and simple way.
- I ensure that customers leave with a positive impression of the IKEA store and want to come back and shop more
frequently with us.
- I commit to the policy and waiting times in the check-out area to ensure the achievements of the agreed goals.
- I ensure a proper payment from customers.
- I ensure our store is a safe and secure environment at all times for visitors and co-workers.
- Acting on customer feedback in order to make improvements to our service.
- Understanding the importance of accurate stock inventory.
- Working with my manager to identify root cause of recurring problems, agreeing and implementing improved ways of working and following-up to ensure we have been successful in resolving the problem for future customers. Where appropriate I work with my colleagues in other functions too.
- Implement changes which will improve our customers’ satisfaction.
- Educating my self to understand the IKEA Concept, and to read and use the appropriate manuals and other education tools to help maximize our customers’ shopping experience.
- Contributing to the check-out action plan and taking ownership for my part in its delivery.
- Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a larger team.
- Experience of check-out service gained in the retail industry.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of the time available.
- Experience of actively meeting customer needs through understanding your customers in a service industry.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and understand written English.