IKEA for Business is one of the fastest growing and most promising growth areas for us as a company. We are looking for a people-centric Data & Analytics leader with focus on creating tangible value from data through methodologies of Data Science and Advanced Analytics, while being equipped with built-in empowerment to drive enabling processes such as Data Engineering and Data Stewardship. To be successful in this role, we believe you should have minimum 5 years of progressive and diverse experience in Data & Analytics.
Our diverse and global team within Data & Analytics is growing even more and we would love to talk with you, if you recognize yourself in some of the following:
• have a formal advanced education in engineering, computer science, econometrics, mathematics or equivalent
• are passionate about the possibilities of Data & Analytics and its value for business
• have experience in data-driven digital product development, including data processing, analysis, and knowledge extraction, with agile processes, continuous improvement, and deployment at scale
• good knowledge of the application of advanced analytics and data analytics in addressing and answering business questions
• good knowledge of programming languages, modern platforms, and systems for handling small and large datasets
• good knowledge of data models (e.g. hierarchical or relational) and common issues related to data quality, and how to improve them
• have strong communication skills with business and technical stakeholders and can communicate actionable data-evidenced findings to a non-technical senior audience in clear and concise language
• good knowledge of stakeholder and change management
• are passionate about leading, inspiring and coaching people
This is our wish list! If you don’t recognize yourself in all these points, you might still be an excellent candidate for the role. We like to think long-term and invest in people’s development together with us.
The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values! You can read more regarding our values and life at IKEA on our website www.ikea.com
Your role is to lead, inspire and motivate a group of Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and Data Stewards to provide value creation from data and analytics, and data-driven decision making, for delivering digital solutions that will create a better experience for our many Business customers.
Your group members will work as fully empowered contributors in one or more cross-functional agile teams to build digital products, including analytics to measure product performance. As part of a cross-functional leadership team, you will work collaboratively with leaders from Product, UX Design and Engineering to inspire and empower teams, shape product roadmaps and enable achievement of desired business outcomes.
The home office for this role will be Madrid but we act as one global team and work together on global solutions.
What we can offer you
• An exciting and empowering work environment with exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us
• Opportunities to have global impact with your work
• Flexible and modern tools: we deploy on Google Cloud Platform and we use a lot of open source solutions across the board
• Hardware and Operating System of your choice
• A team of great colleagues to learn with and from (with world-class experience across all aspects of Data & Analytics)
• Continuous learning (we aim to spend 20% of our working time on learning)
• Flexible and friendly working environment in a truly value-based company
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We’re the ones who make it possible for people to have a smarter life at home and a hassle-free and rewarding shopping experience. Together we work to find new digital solutions for every business need to help make IKEA a great and efficient place to work. We like to think of ourselves as innovative and modern, and we believe that nothing would actually work without us.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
Does this sound like your next challenge? IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global workplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please reach out to Veronika Grollova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply with your application in English. Note that we cannot process any applications through e-mail.