The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the Job
· Supporting the IKEA Food Manager, you seek to strengthen the IKEA Food & Beverages concept in ensuring IKEA’s position as the best home furnishing store in our local market;
· To be able to support and be familiar with SFM/Bistro and Kitchen Production roles;
· Ensure efficient operations of the IKEA Restaurant with special attention to the preparation and serving of food that enhance visitor experience;
· To maximise commerciality and sales steering as well as implementing the IKEA Commercial calendar;
· To make the most of everyday opportunities to ensure growth, contributing actively in the creation of the IKEA Food business plan, and aligning national and global strategies with local priorities;
· Constantly follow up on the quality and food safety regulations and ensure a safe working environment for co-workers/customers in accordance with prevailing local health and safety regulations and HACCP standards;
· To secure that food/dish costs, operational costs, sales mix and inventory is controlled and at an optimised level;
· Be responsible for the efficient cost management and financial performance of the Restaurant section, including gross profit/cost, manhour planning and productivity levels;
· To seek continuous improvement in managing operational costs, sales mix and inventory optimisation of your business area;
· Always look at the store through the eyes of our customers and have daily dialogue with our guests to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn about their needs and wants;
· Be a passionate leader who can bring business and people together, inspired by the IKEA Core Leadership capabilities and strive to continuously develop as a leader;
· To anticipate changing business conditions, set goals and standards, plan and schedule work to meet operational requirements plus Governmental requirements during crisis period.
You have a solid background in food service management, preferably in a high volume business and have passion with strong knowledge of culinary or food service industry;
Customer focused, analytical, good in communication and enjoy working in a fast paced and constantly changing retail environment. You are fluent in English and a minor language and have a good knowledge of PC skills. You are also cost-conscious and know that everything has a price tag;
You have proven leadership abilities and can create an environment where the IKEA values are strong and living reality and is able to motivate, develop and bring out the best in co-workers.