WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE
• Knowledge of how to implement long-term plans, according to set budgets and goals
• Knowledge about the rights and obligations of workers and employers, and how to mediate the relationship between workers, employing entities, trade unions and the government.
• Knowledge of identifying, assessing, encouraging and ensuring co-workers´ performance against organisational and individual goals.
• Knowledge of introducing a co-worker to IKEA, the team and work activities in an effective and performance-enhancing way.
• Knowledge of how to use, govern and manage partnership models in a responsible way to build trustful partnership relationships.
• Knowledge of anticipating, identifying and developing potential successors for key positions in IKEA
• Knowledge of different leadership styles (such as interdependent, indirect, situational etc.) and needs as well as appropriate use for different situations
• Act as an P&C business partner to the unit manager on all People topics
• Lead and develop the unit P&C team to provide excellent co-worker experience
• Ensure the people strategy, global principles/guidelines as localised by the Country P&C team and relevant business plans are operationally implemented and lived up to
• Influence unit mgmt. team to continuously develop local leadership capabilities within their function according to business needs
• Support the building of local business competence & performance by setting and working on relevant goals, together with the unit managers
• Ensure delivery of learning & training at unit level, supported by the P&C Generalist or Market Area Learning Delivery Specialist
• Ensure local employer communication is consistent, well perceived and builds on the IKEA brand
• Together with the market area manager, secure an up-to-date succession process and plan by influencing the managers in taking the lead with special focus on developing talents and high-performing potentials
• Be a good example of IKEA leadership in ways that express the IKEA values within and outside IKEA, and together with the unit managers help to safeguard and promote the IKEA Culture
• Responsible for implementation of co-worker relations plan that effectively manages all local interactions with co-workers and ensures that all areas in the unit work with the labour relations principles and uphold local policies, procedures and laws
• Together with the Business Navigation Manager responsible for the distribution of budget hours between the unit departments, according to the need of the business and the co-worker, enabling an effective and efficient people planning process.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
At the heart of our business are people. We create a better everyday life together by living our shared values and safeguarding our unique culture. To create an inspiring IKEA experience we need to make sure our co-workers have the preconditions to meet our customers in the best possible way. The purpose of the People and Culture function is to secure the competence and organisation to reach our business ambitions.
To succeed, we are focusing on three movements:
1. People choose IKEA for what we stand for
2. Engaged IKEA people with customers at heart
3. A modern, lean and agile IKEA fit for growth